The next installment of MP3 Friday will take place Saturday.
But so that you have something to read so that you may waste more company money, I give you a list -- and one that will only be funny if you have a basic knowledge of Soviet history (and even then ...): Considered, but ultimately discarded, names for the indie band, Someone Still Loves You, Boris Yeltsin.
- Put Your Damn Shoe Back On, Nikita Khrushchev
- Those Are Some Pretty Boss Eyebrows, Leonid Brezhnev
- Not Everyone Remembers You, Yuri Andropov
- Don’t You Suddenly Die Too, Konstantin Chernenko
- Way To Ruin It For Everyone, Mikhail Gorbachev
Today’s lesson: If, however, you do NOT have a basic understanding of Soviet history, or you set the bar slightly higher for your ha-ha, then no, there was nothing to laugh at here. Sorry to waste your time.